WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU THROUGH S.O.C.R.A.T.E SERVICES ?
The information we receive from you helps us personalize and continually improve our business. Here are the general types of personal information (and sensitive personal information) we (and certain third parties) may gather:
Information You Give Us:
We receive, store and process personal information you provide to us when you purchase or use the S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services, set up a S.O.C.R.A.T.E account, enter information on our websites or message boards, communicate with us over phone, e-mail or otherwise, use our applications on mobile or connected devices, use our streaming services, take our surveys, participate in any promotion, interact with our social media presence, or in any other way.
Examples of Information You Give Us :
This includes without limitation your name, shipping, billing, and/or business addresses; location information; phone number; e-mail address; username and password information; credit or other payment card information; gender; date of birth; and survey response data. If you sign up as a S.O.C.R.A.T.E client?, we may also collect your social security/social insurance or other similar identification number and bank account information in order to remit any commission payments you may have earned.
If you apply to join our SSCS online training courses (programs), we may also collect information about your business, such as your (or your organization's) name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, tax identification number, and information about your website (e.g., the URL, the number of unique users and page views, the demographics of your user base, etc.). To help track your workout activity, S.O.C.R.A.T.E may send and receive data to and from Apple's Healthkit Application (or a related application) if you enabled this feature. "SSCS" is for Strength and Sport Conditioning Specialist.
Depending upon the applications used, we may in the future, also collect other types of information that you provide to us to help you achieve your health and wellness goals, such as your :
- physical information (e.g., weight, waist, hip and bicep measurements, etc.);
- food and nutritional information (e.g., types of food and beverages consumed, and any related caloric, fat, fiber, cholesterol and other information);
- metabolic information (e.g., caloric and fat burn through exercise, and other related information);
- fitness and activity information (e.g., the types and number of workouts you may be using, workout and activity tracking, hours exercised, etc.);
- and general feedback (e.g., content you post on our message boards, or information you submit about our products, goods or services).
- your study goal: do you want to become a Health coach? Become a Strength trainer? Acces to a Strength and conditioning coach formation? Access to Strength and conditioning coach studies? Get an Athletic trainer certificate online? Get a Health coach certificate online?
Information We Automatically Receive :
We automatically receive and store certain technical information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience on our websites as described below, which allows us to obtain certain information when your web browser accesses any of our websites.
Examples of Information We Automatically Receive :
Mobile and Connected Device Information :
When you download, install or use our applications through mobile or connected devices, we may receive information about your device and may access your camera, microphone, or other device services or hardware. Some devices may allow you to opt-out of this collection or access, and in those cases, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection or access. Please review your device settings for more information.
Examples of Mobile Information :
This includes without limitation unique identifiers for your device, device and usage information, precise geolocation information (if you enabled this feature), carrier provider, and the types of mobile devices and operating systems accessing the application.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources :
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from third party vendors, services and commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). We may also collect information that you publicly post on our social media pages, such as our Facebook®, Instagram®, and Twitter® pages. In addition, we may combine information you give us with other information from S.O.C.R.A.T.E sources, communications and transactions. Where permitted by law, we combine this information received from other sources, including from social media websites, with information you give us and information that we collect automatically about you.
Examples of Information We Obtain From Other Sources :
This includes without limitation, information that you provide to our vendors; updated credit card number and expiration dates from your bank or credit card company which we use to keep our records current and service you better; updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties which we use to keep our records current, process orders, deliver your next purchase, and service you better; account information which we use to validate access to your accounts with us; transactional data from third party purchases; demographic and profile data; social media posts, such as your likes, interests, feedback, preferences, pictures, comments, suggestions, opinions, and complaints; information we may receive from your S.O.C.R.A.T.E account (if applicable); information that you provide through our e-mail and text message campaigns; information about products or services purchased from other companies.
HOW DOES S.O.C.R.A.T.E USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ?
S.O.C.R.A.T.E may use the information provided above in various ways, including without limitation, to :
- Process and fulfill your requests or orders for any S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services, and verify your identity and/or location to allow access to your accounts (such as your S.O.C.R.A.T.E account);
- Communicate with you about your orders or any inquiries you may have submitted to us;
- Tell you about new products, goods or services, including if you started a transaction with us and provided your information, but did not finalize your order;
- Service and manage your accounts, or contact you about your accounts;
- Address a problem or issue affecting your use of any S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services, or to inquire about or verify information concerning a transaction;
- Assist you with your health and wellness goals, such as providing you with advice and feedback on your goals, and connecting you with individuals who share your interests;
- Improve any S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services and related advertising or materials;
- Enhance and personalize your S.O.C.R.A.T.E experience on any S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services, and control the frequency of advertisements to your device;
- Target advertising or promotions that may be of interest to you, such as e-mails, direct mail, banner ads, splash ads (ads that appear as you sign in or out of your online accounts) or promotions based on your demographic profile, interests, or location;
- Send you emails and other communications about S.O.C.R.A.T.E's or any of our business partners' products or services that we think you may find useful, or to see if you are interested in participating in surveys, market research or other inquiries;
- Administer contests, promotions, events, surveys or other features;
- Improve, personalize, and optimize your website browsing and mobile application experiences by examining which parts of our website you visit or which aspect of our mobile applications you find most useful, and to improve existing or develop new products and services;
- Operate, improve and maintain our S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services, including for data analysis, such as user behavior and trends, and diagnose problems with our server and administer our websites;
- Assist us in taking data security precautions and to engage in fraud prevention, detection, and remediation;
- Carry out other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- Undertake statistical analysis and research, and for demographic profiling purposes; or
- Comply with applicable international, federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws, directives, rules, regulations, and ordinances; civil, criminal or regulatory investigations; or other legal requirements, such as court orders.
- Apple HealthKit Data: S.O.C.R.A.T.E will not use or share health data collected through Apple HealthKit for marketing purposes.
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS AND THIRD PARTY TRACKING TOOLS ?
Like almost every company, S.O.C.R.A.T.E and others use a technology commonly known as a "cookie", which is a small data file our server places on your computer or mobile device to recognize your device and provide personalized features and advertisements. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Through cookies, we are able to collect information that we use to improve our websites and mobile applications, improve your overall experience on them, and personalize your experiences and advertisements. For example, through cookies, we can keep count of return visits to our website or our advertisers' or partners' websites, collect and report on aggregate statistical information, authenticate your login credentials, and manage multiple instances of our websites in a single browser. We may also collect other data through cookies, such as the page or website that referred you to us, the date and time you visited us, and your current IP address. The cookies we place on your hard drive are known as "first-party cookies" and any cookies placed by third parties are called “third party cookies.” Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Disabling Cookies :
Pixel Tags :
Behavioral Advertising on Third Party Websites :
Do Not Track Signals :
Some web browsers offer a "Do Not Track" signal that is a HTTP header field indicating your preference regarding tracking or cross-site user tracking. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. To find out more about "Do Not Track," you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
DOES S.O.C.R.A.T.E SHARE THE INFORMATION AND DATA IT RECEIVES ?
We value the trust our customers place in us to safeguard their personal information. We share personal information we collect with your consent and as described below :
Third-Party Service Providers :
We utilize third party companies and individuals to perform business functions on our behalf to better serve you. For example, we use third parties to help us make our products and services available to you, fulfill orders you may have placed, process credit card payments, provide customer service, ship postal mail, deliver your packages, conduct market research or information analysis, manage promotions, and contact you in connection with various S.O.C.R.A.T.E Services. In these instances, we may need to provide your information to these third parties for such purposes.
Related Companies; Third Party Offers :
S.O.C.R.A.T.E occasionally partners with third parties to learn more about our customers so we can service you better or offer products or services that we feel may be useful to you ("Related Company"). In such case, we may disclose to a Related Company certain information, such as your name, e-mail, billing or shipping address, products purchased and price. If you request information from a Related Company, we may disclose additional information such as your e-mail address, phone number and other contact information, so the Related Company can provide you with the information you requested. If you purchased a product or service from a Related Company, we will also disclose your credit card information so they can complete your purchase. We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information to Related Companies: (i) so the Related Companies can provide you with advertisements tailored to your interests; (ii) for statistical analysis, research, and demographic profiling purposes; and (iii) to support our business and improve our mission to help our customers achieve their health and wellness goals.
Protection of S.O.C.R.A.T.E and Others :
De-identified Data Disclosures :
We may also disclose non-identifying transaction information to third parties for the purpose of accounting and record keeping. We may also disclose aggregated, de-identified user data or non-personal information with business partners, advertisers, and others.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY AND ADVERTISERS' SERVICES ?
At various points and pages on our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to access or utilize services offered by or in conjunction with third parties. This includes services in connection with third-party "social media" and other sites that would allow personal information to be transferred to such third parties (for example, Facebook Connect), and others.
These third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, so please review their privacy policies to understand your rights. For this reason, S.O.C.R.A.T.E cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy practices.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME ?
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY INFORMATION IF S.O.C.R.A.T.E IS SOLD TO OR MERGES WITH ANOTHER COMPANY ?
HOW ABOUT USERS BASED OUTSIDE OF THE USA; TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ?
HOW CAN I ACCESS OR UPDATE MY INFORMATION ?
Your Privacy Choices: OPT-OUT
We offer you various ways to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us. If you would like to opt- out of receiving e-mail marketing communications from us, you may click the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of S.O.C.R.A.T.E marketing e-mails that we send and follow the easy instructions to opt-out, or you may click the "Preferences" links to update your e-mail settings. If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing phone calls, you can inform the agent with whom you speak that you would like to be placed on S.O.C.R.A.T.E’s "Do Not Call" list. If you would like to opt-out of any S.O.C.R.A.T.E text message campaign, please follow the instructions provided when you opt-in to the campaign; typically, responding "STOP" to your specific short code will opt you out of the campaign for which you signed up.
Online Advertising :
To learn some of the ways that you can opt-out of targeted online advertising, see the section above titled “What About Cookies, Pixel Tags and Third Party Tracking Tools?" for more information.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
Please feel free to share any comments, concerns, complaints, or questions with us:Chief Legal Officer
S.O.C.R.A.T.E Training LLC
Attn: Legal Department
407 Lincoln Road, Suite 701
Miami Beach, FL 33139